Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Service is being resumed......

I'll be reactivating all the old links over the next week or so but all the new songs in this update are working, sorry about the delay!

(Right click and save as should work if just clicking doesn't)

I'm going to start with one of the tracks from my youtube videos from a couple of weeks back,


Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
It's normally the headier, heavy dubstep that get's my attention but I heard this track a few months back and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I even heard it in a clothes store in Belfast recently! It's that fine line between being popular and being too commercial.......



The Xx - Crystalised
Gimme da hype, gimme da hype...... I was pretty much ready to write The XX off even before giving the album a proper listen because of all the hype surrounding them and people saying they are the next Bloc Party (Is that a good thing anymore?) and the fact that they look about 15 years old... BUT the album is a true work of art and is amazing to listen to from start to finish, give it a good bit of volume and you'll hear some lovely sub-bass which I didn't hear on the first few listens.... Kid's these days.



M83 - We own the sky
This is a weird, spacey song that stood out from last years brilliant album "Saturdays = Youth." I think it's pretty much just one guy who is M83 but he brings in a few other singers for albums etc. If you like this track, defo check out the album....



Massive Attack - Splitting the Atom
I was lucky enough to be one of the 1000 or so people who got to see the live prowess of Massive Attack in Dublin last week, I only managed to take one photo (above) before my iphone packed up mid show but what a show it was!! Horace Andy was on duty and he looked like he was having more fun than anyone! They indulged us with all the tracks from the recent E.P and they sounded pretty spectacular live, especially this track "Splitting the Atom" Serious grooves and a bassline that wont quit, I think it could do well if it's the next single. Highlight of the night would have to be either Angel or Mezzanine...... also special mention goes to the crowd who were going bananas all night. The Irish really are the best crowds at concerts.....



Regina Spektor - Us
No relation to Phil, but she certainly can create a wall of sound with her voice. Russian born Regina has had loads of her songs used in adverts and episodes of CSI but don't hold that against her, she has a seriously cool voice, almost like Kate bush with a bit of Tori Amos thrown in for good measure. This is slightly embarrassing but the first time I heard her was on an episode of Veronica Mars that somehow got left on while I was holding the remote.......

Keep the emails/messages coming,

I'll have a new update soon as I've loads of great new tunes!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment